What are the Blazers Competitive Player Training Pod?
Training pods will be for experienced competitive skill level players. Pods will have a maximum of 15 players who will train with Blazers coaches. The training pods are split between cardio and strength conditioning and basketball skill development
All training will run in accordance with Ontario Basketball’s Phase 3 of Return to Play, whereby players are distanced and activities modified to prevent contact. Players can only participate in one pod; there will be no mixing of pods or transfers of players between.
NOTE: Not all players who register for training pods at this time may be selected to a training pod, due to limited space and facilities. However, ALL players interested in the program need to register – As facilities become available, additional pods will be formed through the Fall period.
What else do I need to know about training pods?
– U12 girls will be monday at 6pm.
– U14 girls will be Tuesday at 6pm.
– U16 and U19 girls will be Tuesdays at 730pm.
– U12 boys will be Thursdays at 6pm
– U14 and U16 boys will be Thursdays at 730plm
– The pods will take place in Brockville at a private facility.
– The cost will be $50 for players. Online payment can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Must be willing to follow all Covid-19 protocol in place at facility.
– Players must fill out OBA waiver, Facility waiver, and playing waiver prior to first session.
Our first training pods will begin Feb 22nd.
YOU MUST HAVE PRE-REGISTERED FOR THE BLAZERS PRIOR TO BEING ACCEPTED TO TRAINING PODS. BUTTON BELOW
If Brockville Blazers have the facility capacity to include additional age groups or skill levels, an opportunity will be provided to those players to register at that time.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021-22 SEASON FOR ALL LEVELS OF BASKETBALL. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE EXECUTIVE. THE EXECUTIVE IF NECESSARY, WILL CONDUCT INTERVIEWS WITH CANDIDATES TO HELP CHOSE THE APPROPRIATE CANDIDATE FOR EACH TEAM.
There is no specific date for closing of taking applications but teams will be filled and announced when there has been suitable selections made. If there are multiple coaches applying for head coach role for one age level, executive members will conduct interviews to determine successful coaching applicants.
Reminder that taking your NCCP course but not getting certified is the same as not taking it all. We highly recommend getting certification done as these will play into the selection process.